Thursday, August 1, 2013

Diet Decision for August 2013

After much research and contemplating on whether to do the Paleo diet, I have concluded that... I won't be doing it for the month of August.

Considering the upcoming races I have in such a short period of time, The Charles Street 12 on August 10, 2013 and the Abebe Bikila International Peace Half Marathon on September 14, 2013, I feel that I would be sabotaging my experience of my first long distance races. I have not trained for them with the Paleo diet and it would not be smart to start within 10 days of one race and less than a month from another race, including a taper week.

What i will be doing for the month of August is re-committing to eating in a much healthier manner. The goal is to lose 10 lbs by increasing fruit and vegetable intake and lessening my carb intake. I plan to reach a goal weight of 235 lbs by August 30, 2013.

I will use video throughout to bring you along the journey. Now, this is my first time doing anything like this, so bear with me as i learn on the go.

Feel free to join me on this journey and post your commitments and improvements as well. We are all in this together!

Well... let the commitment begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment