Friday, July 5, 2013

Brooks Addiction 10 Review

I purchased some new shoes last week... The Brooks Addiction 10s.  These shoes are part of the Brooks collection for over-pronators.  Another shoe that works well for over-pronators is the Brooks Beast.

I normally wear a size 12, but I believe Brooks running shoes are cut smaller.  So, I purchased a size 13 and these were perfect.

I've been wearing these Brooks Addictions over my last few runs and before providing an official review, I wanted to put at least 25 miles on them.  It also helps that I have a 90 return policy at my running store. :)

As of yesterday, I have logged 27 miles on them and they have officially been broken in.  I believe in giving my gear that I wear a full and fair review.

Test Run #1:
Distance: 9 miles
I could tell that I was running in new shoes as the shoe was somewhat stiff all around.  There wasn't much give initially.  As I ran further, the shoe provided more flexibility.  Another observation is that this is a heavier shoe, so that's something to consider when looking to purchase motion control shoes.  Around mile 8, I felt a little pressure around the top part of my ankle.  I attributed this to the fact that they were new and I had previously been running in shoes that did not provide the type of all around support the Brooks Addiction provides.

Test Run #2:
Distance: 4 miles
No problems at all.  This was a much shorter run, compared to the 9 mile maiden voyage.  I felt no pain, there was no rubbing or friction anywhere.  Great run.

Test Run #3:
Distance: 3 miles
This run went well too.

Final Test Run
Distance: 11 miles
This is an overall good shoe.  The arch support, cushioning, and shock absorption were impressive.  I ran on asphalt and concrete throughout this run and I didn't really feel a thing during my run.  This was the longest distance I'd ever run to date and it seemed like the longer I ran the better the shoes performed.

The Brooks Addiction may not be the coolest looking shoe, but it's functionality is exactly where should be.  Check out a more technical review by Brooks Running, here:


No comments:

Post a Comment