Saturday, June 29, 2013

Upcoming Runners of Inspiration Series...

During the day, I enjoy listening to various podcasts and a few days ago, I was listening to Dirt Dawg's Running Diatribe Podcast. This show is about Mike Croy, a father, husband and teacher who also happens to run and has covered distances from 5k to Ultra-Marathons (any distance over 26.2 miles).... Pretty entertaining, I must say.  Anyway, the topic for this particular episode had to deal with his personal Mt. Rushmore of running.

After listening to the episode (click here to listen), a light bulb went off in my head... I thought about who would be on my Mt. Rushmore of running... I couldn't really come up with anyone.  Frankly, I haven't been in the sport long enough to really know about many notable distance runners.  So, it only made sense to educate myself further about this sport that has helped me to drop 45 lbs and become healthier... I figured I'd bring you along my journey and we can learn together!!

I contacted @Dirtdawg50k on Twitter and asked him, if he would have a problem with me giving him credit in my post for the idea and naturally, he said yes. So I'm proceeding with my new series: Runners of Inspiration.  You can find it under the GO Plugs tab.  I'll post a short blurp about a new Runner of Inspiration and why they are inspirational to me, once a month and we'll see how it goes.  Until next time, get out there and GO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment