Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Is this running thing a choice?

I finished my 4 mile run this morning and did as I normally do, which is post my workout thru my twitter feed @dzlrunner. One of my Facebook friends saw my post and responded with encouragement, but she then said something that was quite profound to me.  She stated that "...working out is not a choice. #keeprunning4yourlife"

I thought about this and I have to say, I agree.

Sure, you have a choice to exercise or not to exercise, initially. But what happens when you make the choice to do this on a consistent basis? What happens when you begin to see positive results in your weight loss, blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and your waist line?!?!

The positive benefits of us: interacting with our families and coworkers in a calm and positive manner; of a routine checkup at the doctors office, being just that... a routine checkup; and being more productive in all phases of our lives, make our decision to exercise no longer a choice, but a must. It becomes a part of us and something we just have to do. The pros significantly outweigh the cons, if there are any cons at all.

In order to keep the positive results appearing and reappearing, we must decide that this is a lifestyle change. We must make a conscious decision to make our lives better. And this isn't just in leading a healthier life, this applies to living life in general.  Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment