Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Excited!!! 3 days out from my first 10k!!!

Its Wednesday, and Saturday can't get here fast enough. I'll be running my very first 10k race in Crofton, MD... The Crofton Kiwanis 10k Challenge.

From what i'm told, its a small race and I decided to do it because it's close and I needed something on my calendar for this month. Plus more races give you more experience, right? So this race is number 2 of 4 for the year 2013.

I'm counting each day down and it seems as though the weekend is laughing at me, as time passes so slowly. Even lunch went slow!!

I can barely concentrate on my work, because i'm thinking about my splits, if i'm ready, what similar training runs i've done and how I felt during those runs. I actually found myself reassuring myself that I would be fine and that i've run this distance plenty of times before... By this time i've even got 2 ten milers in the books... But nothing can calm me down.

Even while writing this post, my brain is going 100 mph. Nervousness, anxiety, excitement, almost even to the point of frustration. All appropriate to describe what i'm feeling at this time.

I'm just gonna stop here...

Check back after the race for my race report and I'll tell you how I did...

No comments:

Post a Comment